Why Sense Africa
The individuality of an Expedition with Sense Africa
Each African expedition is unique as the students decide on their itinerary, their activities and their project. There is no set structure giving the School the chance to have their own tailor-made expedition which aligns with their ethos and gives the students ownership of their expedition. Guidance is given to the students in the planning stages to ensure a practical and feasible expedition.
Benefits to the Students
These are some of the attributes and skills that will be gained by the students from going with Sense Africa.
- Leadership techniques to be used in School and later life
- How to work efficiently and effectively as a team
- How to motivate people and yourself
- How to understand team members strengths
- To have assisted in a worthwhile project
- To have built vital and transferable skills
- To spend time in the Africa Wilderness
- To experience life in a developing country
- To gain a sense of achievement and fulfilment
- To learn about social, economic and environmental issues
- To exchange information between cultures
- To experience something completely different outside of the school environment
Sense Africa Knowledge
Sense Africa has many years experience in working and living in Africa. All this knowledge is passed onto the students to ensure an incredible and memorable experience for them.
- Want to work on your own unique project?
- Want to track rhino in Hlane National Park?
- Want to attach yourself to a zip wire over a gorge?
Sense Africa can assist with it all, with the organisational skill of the students. But ultimately, it is their choice.
The price includes most of the African expedition – economy return flights from London, personal Sense Africa expedition leader, all transfers and transport in country, food, some drinks, all accommodation, activities in your personalised expedition, airport and departure taxes, park entrance fees and tips. However, the finances are managed by the students and they are responsible for their budgeting. Sense Africa is not responsible for mismanagement of budgets! But help will always be at hand and it is a massive learning curve.
Having an ecological background, Sense Africa has a passion for nature and conservation. Sense Africa will ensure game viewing does not disturb the wildlife and that the ecological impact on the surrounding area is minimal. You are also a guest of Africa and we therefore ensure that there is minimal social intrusion.